Skip to Main Content
Guide Navigation Layout
When you create a new guide, you'll need to go into the Guide Navigation Layout section and choose one of the UofL templates.
- Click the second dropdown in the settings menu at the top right of the page and choose Guide Navigation layout.
- Choose one of the UofL options from choices: either "UofL Tabs Layout 2021" or "UofL Side-Nav Layout 2021"
System Default Tabbed Layout v. UofL Tabbed Layout
System Default Tabbed Layout - DO NOT USE
The System Default Tabbed Layout shows up when you create a new guide. You need to choose a guide layout with "UofL" in the title to get the correct layout.
If your guide is not set to a UofL template:
- The navigation links won't line up with the title;
- The search box will say "Search this guide" instead of "Search the UofL Libraries site" and will not do our custom search;
- The sidebar nav tools will be missing (they should appear on the right side of the screen halfway down); and
- The Librarian Login link will not be in the lower right corner of the page.
Difference between UofL Tabbed Layout and UofL Side-Nav Layout
- In the side-nav version the page title does not appear at the top of the guide.
- Tabbed version allows you to choose how many content columns (from 1-4 columns) and what sizes they will be. Side-nav provides one column for the navigation buttons and one column for content with no options for sizing.