Skip to Main Content
Questions to Address in Evaluating your Resource
Look over the information provided at your link (e.g. abstract, publisher, tables) and then respond to the following questions:
- Who are the authors of this publication? Google the authors of the dataset and read about them in your publication.
- What is your evaluation of them as authors of this publication?
- What is the publication date of the report? How could you find out whether this is the latest data this topic?
- Look over page v of the report. What do the authors tell you about the methodology? Why might this be important and/or helpful?
- What research question(s) could this source help you answer if you were to write a paper on community policing? Answer this question by also considering your overall evaluation of the source and whether you'd use the source or not.
How your Source was Located