top of page
Skip to Main Content
Questions to Address in Evaluating your Resource
Look over the information provided at your link (e.g. abstract, publisher, tables) and then respond to the following questions:
- Who are the authors of this publication? Google the authors of the dataset and read about them in your publication.
- What is your evaluation of them as authors of this publication?
- What is the publication date of the report? How could you find out whether this is the latest data this topic?
- Look over page v of the report. What do the authors tell you about the methodology? Why might this be important and/or helpful?
- What research question(s) could this source help you answer if you were to write a paper on community policing? Answer this question by also considering your overall evaluation of the source and whether you'd use the source or not.
How your Source was Located