Skim through the above PDF and respond to the following questions:
- What can be said about the authority of this piece? Look up information about the author and publisher/organization.
- What can you learn about the organization The Police Foundation? Who provides their funding? (Look under Sources tab). What does this tell you about the focus of this organization?
- Is there any indication on the site of the review process that the reports undergo? If so, what is that process?
- Look over the format and presentation of the information in the PDF. Describe the format and how it influences your evaluation of the piece.
- What research question(s) could this source help you answer if you were to write a paper on community policing? Answer this question by also considering your overall evaluation of the source and whether you'd use the source or not.