Skip to Main Content
Questions to Address in Evaluating your Resource
Skim through the above PDF and respond to the following questions:
- What can be said about the authority of this piece? Look up information about the author and publisher/organization.
- What can you learn about the organization The Police Foundation? Who provides their funding? (Look under Sources tab). What does this tell you about the focus of this organization?
- Is there any indication on the site of the review process that the reports undergo? If so, what is that process?
- Look over the format and presentation of the information in the PDF. Describe the format and how it influences your evaluation of the piece.
- What research question(s) could this source help you answer if you were to write a paper on community policing? Answer this question by also considering your overall evaluation of the source and whether you'd use the source or not.
How your Source was Located
This news article was located using Google.