top of page
Skip to Main Content
Questions to Address in Evaluating your Resource
- What is the purpose of this dissertation?
- What leads you to believe that the dissertation is scholarly, if at all?
- Is a dissertation of less quality because it was written by a scholar in their infancy?
- Imagine the following scenario: You locate this very dissertation and you find that your professor will not allow you to cite dissertations in your research paper. How can you use this resource to help you in your research without citing it, if at all?
- What research question(s) could this source help you answer if you were to write a paper on community policing? Answer this question by also considering your overall evaluation of the source and whether you'd use the source or not.
How your Source was Located