top of page
Skip to Main Content
The Sexual Victimization of College Women.
Fisher, B. S., Cullen, F. T., & Turner, M. G. (2000). The sexual victimization of college women (NCJ 182369). U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, National Institute of Justice. Retrieved from https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/182369.pdf
Questions to Address in Evaluating your Resource
Look over the information provided at your link (e.g. abstract, publisher, tables) and then respond to the following questions:
- Who are the authors of this publication? Google the author of the dataset and look at the purpose/mission of their institution.
- What is your evaluation of them as an author?
- What is the publication date of the report? How could you find out whether this is the latest data this topic?
- Look over page 14 of the report, focusing on the bar graph titled "Exhibit 4: Comparison of Rape Estimates NCWSV Main Study and Comparison Component Study." Reading around the chart for context, what does this graph tell you? How does this influence your evaluation of the report's findings?
- What research question(s) could this source help you answer if you were to write a paper on sexual deviance? Answer this question by also considering your overall evaluation of the source and whether you'd use the source or not.
How your Source was Located