During our session, we focused on developing the topic of recidivism. What I'd like you to do now with a partner is select one of the following three topics on which to start locating information sources based on the process we went through in class:
- Police brutality
- Death Penalty
- Pick one of the three topics listed above.
- Depending on your topic, consider potential keywords, solutions/alternatives, and other questions that come to mind when you think about this topic.
- Decide on a narrower topic of focus -- What is your narrower focus?
- Based on your keywords, use these to either search within WorldCat Discovery or Criminal Justice Abstracts to locate a scholarly article that is relevant to the narrower facet of your topic you identified in Question 2.
Based on your article, respond to the following questions:
- Why did you select this source? How does it speak to the narrower aspect of your research topic?
- Based on the abstract, describe the source in one sentence.
- If you were to continue searching, how has this article (or more likely in this case, its abstract) influenced your thinking on your topic? Write down some new keywords and questions that come to mind.