Google Scholar allows scholars to create a profile of their works, citations, and interests. Your Scholar profile also calculates citation metrics and your h-index. Other scholars can also follow you and receive alerts when new works are added to your profile.
1. Go to My Profile on the Google Scholar homepage or menu.
2. Enter your name, institutional affiliation, institutional email, areas of interest, and, if applicable, a personal website.
3. Find and select articles you've written to add to your profile by searching your name or articles by title. Then click the next arrow.
4. Verify how your profile will be updated. You can choose to have Google Scholar automatically add articles you publish, or you can update your profile manually.
5. Your profile will show all the articles you've published, as well as citations of your work and your h-index. Be sure to click Make it public to make your profile discoverable in Google Scholar.