All five group study rooms on Ekstrom Library’s 1st floor are available to be reserved by student groups. The five rooms are E102 (located right next to the East Entrance of the library) and E128 A-D (located on the south side of the public computer lab). Please note that group study rooms on the 3rd and 4th floors of the library are still used on a first come-first serve basis.
Group Study Room Policies
- Group study rooms are available and dedicated for use by University of Louisville students (2 or more) for collaborative study and group projects.
- Individual users are not permitted to reserve group study rooms. Individuals can make use of group study rooms while they are vacant, however the library reserves the right to ask single occupants to vacate a room immediately for a group of two or more University of Louisville students.
- If a group doesn’t show up within 15 minutes of the start of their reservation, it has forfeited the space. If, following 15 minutes, only one group member is present, then they may also be asked to vacate the room.
- Reservations must be made by a student with a louisville.edu email address.
- Students who are found to be occupying a group study room when another student group has it reserved will be asked to vacate immediately. Habitual issues in this regard may result in suspension of group study room privileges and/or other library privileges.
- Posters, notes, and other items may not be hung on walls or windows. Windows are not to be covered or obstructed.
- The library is not responsible for the security of personal items. Any items left in rooms after the end of the reservation period may be removed by Library staff and placed in the Library's lost and found.
- Failure to comply with established policies may result in suspension of group study room privileges and/or other library privileges.
- Library staff reserves the right to make alterations to or cancel reservations at any time for any reason.
- Students may request group study rooms for a maximum of 2 hours per day and 6 hours per week.
- To request a room, students should go to http://uofl.me/lib-study.