top of page
Skip to Main Content
RAI librarians advocate for the collection needs of faculty and students. Please use the Find Your Librarian page to speak with a librarian in your area. We want to know more about the things that would support your research and your teaching!
The information below is provided for guidance, but the librarians are able to help with identifying and evaluating items for the collection so feel free to contact them in lieu of the forms below. Items will be purchased in accordance with UofL’s Libraries Collection Development policy.
Funding is always a consideration, so suggestions for materials that are no longer needed are also welcome.
- Books are requested either by using the Order Recommendation form or by contacting your subject librarian.
- Book Series can also be ordered through this form.
- Faculty requests are given priority.
- We do not currently have a an active book approval plan; we rely on requests, so please send them!
- Journals can be requested either by using the Order Recommendation form or by contacting your subject librarian.
- As journals are a continuing cost, they cannot be ordered without another subscription being cancelled.
- Our procedure is to add the requests to our wishlist and then look for items we no longer need. Sometimes, because of journal packaging by publishers, it is not always possible to do a one-for-one switch.
- Request videos through the Order Recommendation form or contact Rob Detmering, the subject librarian for Film Studies, or Matt Goldberg, Head of Access and User Services.
- For instructional purposes, streaming video options may be available on a case by case basis when a physical copy of a film is unavailable or when a class is taught entirely online.