Skip to Main Content
Group 4 Questions
Read over the following article individually. Then, as a group, complete the questions.
Serani, Deborah. “Facebook and Depression.” Two Takes on Depression. Psychology Today. 11 June 2012. Web.
- What are the key issues being addressed in the blog post? What seems to be the central argument or conclusion?
- What kind of evidence or data does the author use to support her claims? Does the evidence seem credible? Why or why not?
- How would you characterize Serani’s point of view in relation to the subject matter? Does she address or consider more than one point of view?
- Look up information about the author on Google. What did you find out about her? How would you evaluate her credibility or level of expertise in relation to the subject matter?
- Summarize your overall evaluation of this source in the context of your research on online communication and emotion. What are its strengths? What are its limitations?
- Use the Library Catalog on the library’s homepage (louisville.edu/library) to find a book or article that might help you explore some aspect of Serani’s blog post in more depth. Write down the title and author of the source and explain why it seems relevant. How might the source you found in the library catalog speak to issues raised in Serani’s article?