Skip to Main Content
Smith, E., & Loker, W. (2012). "We Know Our Worth": Lessons from a Fair Trade Coffee Cooperative in Honduras. Human Organization, 71(1), 87-98.
Read the following questions, and then read the abstract of the article and skim through the sub-headings to get an idea of what the article is about. Then, respond to the following questions with your group:
- What is the purpose of the article? What research question(s) is the author addressing?
- In what part(s) of the article was this information located?
- Is this a scholarly source? How did you determine whether or not it was scholarly?
- What's the level of authority or credibility of the source? That is, how do you determine whether this source is "good" for our research?
- Go to the bibliography of the article and locate some citations that contains references to research organizations or non-governmental organizations.
- What organizations can you find references to?
- How would you go about evaluating those organizations? What kinds of questions would you ask?