Skip to Main Content
The Law Library has four of the original civil rights historical panels that previously hung in the Ekstrom Library on display in its reading room, and has added a tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s March 30, 1967 visit to the law school. The tribute includes a book display and a series of thirteen reproductions of pages from The Courier-Journal and The Louisville Times that tell the story of the turbulent times locally and nationally during the week of Dr. King’s visit.
The Law Library’s portion of the display will be available during regular library hours through February 29. Photographs and artifacts from Dr. King’s March 30, 1967 visit are permanently on display in the law school, in the entryway to the Allen Court Room and in the hallway outside the Court Room.
Index of sources used
- Simple justice: the history of Brown v. Board of Education and Black America's struggle for equality | Richard Kluger | KF4155 .K55 2004
- Brown v. Board of Education and the civil rights movement: abridged edition of From Jim Crow to civil rights: the Supreme Court and the struggle for racial equality | Michael J Klarman | KF 4757 .K58 2007
- Brown v. Board of Education: a brief history with documents | Waldo E Martin | KF 228 .B76 B76 1998
- Black, white, and Brown: the landmark school desegregation case in retrospect | Clare Cushman, Melvin I Urofsky, Supreme Court Historical Society., Frank and Virginia Williams Collection of Lincolniana (Mississippi State University Libraries) | KF 228 .B76 B58 2004
- Walking with the wind: a memoir of the movement | John Lewis, Michael D'Orso | E 840.8 .L43 A3 1999
- March (graphic novel trilogy, Books One, Two and Three) | John Lewis, Andrew Aydin, Nate Powell, Top Shelf Productions (Marietta, Ga.) | E 840.8 .L43 A3 2013
- The longest debate: a legislative history of the 1964 Civil Rights Act | Charles W Whalen, Barbara Whalen | KF 4756 .A315 A168 1985
- America's original sin: racism, white privilege, and the bridge to a new America | Jim Wallis | E 185.615 .W3125 2017
- This little light of mine: the life of Fannie Lou Hamer | Kay Mills | E 185.97 .H35 M55 1993b
- The Civil Rights Act of 1964: the passage of the law that ended racial segregation | Robert D Loevy | KF 4757 .C59 1997
- Blood brothers: the fatal friendship between Muhammad Ali and Malcolm X | Randy Roberts, John Matthew Smith | GV 1132 .A44 R64 2016