top of page
Skip to Main Content
Step by Step Instructions
- Go to the University Libraries homepage. You will see a search box at the top of the page.
- Enter the keywords for your research topic in the box, separating each keyword with AND. (For example, if your research topic is activism on social media, enter activism AND social media in the search box.) Click Go.
- You'll be taken to a page with your results. You can start browsing these results or use the limiters on the left-hand side of the page to narrow down your results. (If you're only searching for books, be sure to use the Format limiter to narrow your results down to Books only.)
- Click on the title of a book that looks relevant. You can view a description of the book under Summary and chapter titles under Contents.
- If you want to check out the book, check the Access Options to see where the book is held and if it is available to check out.
- If the book is an eBook, click View eBook to access the book. If it is a physical book available at UofL, write down the location and call number to help you find the book on the shelf.
- If UofL doesn't own the book or it is checked out, you can still get the book sent to you from another school by clicking Request Item through Interlibrary Loan. Just Ask a Librarian if you have questions.