top of page
Skip to main content
Step by Step Instructions
- Go to the University Libraries homepage. You will see a search box at the top of the page.
- Enter the keywords for your research topic in the box, separating each keyword with AND. (For example, if your research topic is activism on social media, enter activism AND social media in the search box.) Click Go.
- You'll be taken to a page with your results. You can start browsing these results or use the limiters on the left-hand side of the page to narrow down your results. (If you're only searching for books, be sure to use the Format limiter to narrow your results down to Books only.)
- Click on the title of a book that looks relevant. Click on Description to see a summary of the book.
- If you want to check out the book, click on Availability/Holdings to see where the book is held and if it is available to check out.
- If the book is available at UofL, write down the location and call number to help you find the book. If UofL doesn't own it or it is checked out, you can still get the book through interlibrary loan. Just Ask a Librarian if you have questions.