Skip to Main Content
Step by Step Instructions
- Go to the University Libraries homepage and click on Subject Guides under Quick Tools.
- Select Business, then click on Industry and Company Analysis under Guides.
- Select the Company Research tab and, at the bottom of the page, click the link for the database Mergent Intellect.
- Use the search box to search for a particular company or industry, or click on Advanced Search to see more search options.
- In Advanced Search, you can search using multiple criteria. For example, if you want to find software developers in Kentucky, click the Industry tab and use the tree to expand Services, then Business Services, and finally Custom Computer Programming Services.
- Check the box next to the industry you chose (e.g. Custom Computer Programming Services) then click Add to Criteria at the bottom of the page.
- Click the Location tab and check the box next to Kentucky. Click Add to Criteria.
- Click Search to view companies that meet your criteria. You can filter your results by sales numbers, prepare a report of these companies, or click on a specific company to view the company profile.