Skip to Main Content
Searching for News for Assignment 1
Use the News Guide listed to the left to access a news database. Then, search for an article related to Japanese families and martial unions (for Assignment 1), and respond to the following questions:
- What source did you locate? List the author, news source, and title.
- Why did you select this source? How does it discuss Japanese marital unions?
- Using some of the evaluative criteria we discussed in the first exercise, and considering your research context and the nuances of evaluation, write down a few sentences on why you consider this to be both a relevant and credible source.
- Write down any challenges you had in locating a relevant news article on your topic. We will address these before the end of class!
- If you were to search for a scholarly journal article that relates to this news article, list 3-5 keywords you would use to search.