Skip to Main Content
Online Library of Liberty
Full texts of nearly 1500 classic works on art, economics, history, law, literature, music, philosophy, political theory, religion, science, sociology, war and peace. Available in a variety of formats: HTML, facsimile PDFs, and text-based PDF Ebooks.
Digitized books and articles, born-digital texts, audio files, images, movies, and datasets.
Library of Congress Subject Headings
Call number links = browse the catalog by call number.
Word links = browse the catalog by subject.
B -- Philosophy
- B 69-99 General works
- B 108-5802 By period (including individual philosophers and schools of philosophy)
J -- Political Science
- J -- General legislative and executive papers
- JA -- Political science (General)
- JC-- Political theory. The state. Theories of the state.
- 311-314 Nationalism. Nation state
- 319-323 Political Geography
- 327 Sovereignty
- 328.2 Consensus. Consent of the governed
- 328.6-.65 Violence. Political Violence
- 329 Patriotism
- 345-347 Symbolism
- 348-497 Forms of the state
- 571-605 Purpose, functions, and relations of the state
- JF-- Political institutions and public administration -- General
- 20-1177 General. Comparative government
- 225-619 Organs and functions of the government
- 251-289 Executive. Heads of State
- 331-341 Parliamentary government
- 419-691 Legislation. Legislative process. Law-making
- 799-1177 Political rights. Political participation
- 1338-2112 Public administration
- 1501-1521 Civil service
- 2011-2112 Political parties
- JJ -- Political institutions and public administration -- North America
- JK-- Political institutions and public administration -- United States
- 1-9593 United States
- 404-1685 Government. Political administration
- 501-868 Executive branch
- 631-868 Civil service. Departments and agencies
- 1012-1432 Congress. Legislative branch
- 1154-1276 Senate
- 1308-1432 House of Representatives
- 1606-1683 Capital. Public buildings. Government property. Government purchasing.
- 1717-2217 Political rights. Practical politics
- 1758-1761 Citizenship
- 1846-1929 Suffrage
- 1965-2217 Elections
- 2255-2391 Political parties
- 2403-9593 State government
- 9663-9993 Confederate States of America
- JL -- Political institutions and public administration -- Canada, Latin America, etc.
- JN -- Political institutions and public administration -- Europe
- JQ -- Political institutions and public administration -- Asia, Africa, Australia, Pacific Area, etc.
- JS -- Local government. Municipal government
- JV -- Colonies and colonization, Emigration and Immigration. International migration
- JX -- International law (obsolete) -- See KZ or JZ
- JZ -- International relations
K -- Law
- K -- Law in general. Comparative and uniform law. Jurisprudence
UofL faculty, staff and students (with valid ID cards) may borrow materials from the following libraries and the faculty, staff and students of these institutions can do the same at UofL.