In your small group, examine the article below, then respond to the following questions.
"Two Ways of Looking:" The Critical Reception of 1940s Horror
- Based on the abstract, what seems to be the main purpose of the article?
- Based on the level of depth and the language used throughout the article, who seems to be the intended audience for the article?
- How can you tell that this is a scholarly article? List at least three specific features.
- Read about Cinema Journal and its submission process. Does the journal seem credible? Why or why not?
- Search Google for sources on 1940s horror films. In general, how do the Google search results compare with this article?