During our session, we focused on searching based on the three questions you could explore for your essay.
For the next ten minutes, spend time with a partner (especially if you have the same question) or by yourself using one of the journal article databases to locate a source relevant to your topic.
Questions to Answer
We'll discuss the following questions after you have brainstormed keywords and found a relevant information source.
- What database did you select to search?
- Write down 3-5 keywords that could help you search for information on your topic.
- Using those keywords, search them in your database and find a source that is relevant to the question you're exploring – jot down the title/author/any other information you’d need to have to get back to this source.
- Why did you select this source? In other words, what information does the article contribute to helping you answer your essay question?
- Write down one challenge you had with your database in searching for an article.