Instructions: Read the following questions to be aware of what you're looking for, and then skim through the article and respond to the following questions:
- Who are the authors of this piece? Do you consider the authors & the newspaper a reliable source? Why or why not?
- Many news sources contain factual information, specifically addressing who, what, where, when, why, and how (The 5 Ws and the H).
- Does the article contain all of the 5 Ws and the H? Why might this context be important? Why is coverage important?
- Are there any opinions or assumptions present in this piece?
- Based on your overall assessment of the source, would you say this is a news article or a news editorial? Briefly discuss why the distinction is important for your assignment.