Read through the abstract, section headings, and topic sentences (the first sentence of paragraphs) for the article.
Answer the questions regarding the purpose, methods, sources, and author credibility.
- What is the purpose of the article? What research question(s) are they asking?
- How might the bibliography help you with your research?
- Go to Google Scholar (scholar.google.com) and search the title of the article. Note the Cited by [#]. How many people have cited this article? Why is this important? How can you use this for your own research?
- What's the level of authority or credibility of the source? That is, how do you determine whether this source is "good" for anthropological research?
- What focused research topics could this paper support? (To think of it in another way: If you were to cite this article in your paper, what kinds of topics could your paper be about?)
- If you were to search for other research articles related to this paper, list 3-5 keywords you would search.