Skip to Main Content
How to Have a Profile Created
How to Create Your Own Profile
Create Your Expert Gallery Profile
- Create an account
- Go to http://works.bepress.com, click on the Menu link
- Click Sign Up (or Login if you already have an account)
- Be sure to read the Terms of Service before you agree.
- Complete the form and click Create Account
- Click the Confirm Account button in the confirmation email
- Choose a URL (note – it cannot be revised afterward)
- Enter your institution, position, title, and up to three research disciplines
- To change any of this information, click on the Account Settings link on your Profile Menu.
- You can add alternate forms of your name, and choose which one to display by clicking Set as Preferred.
- You can also add alternate email addresses and former institutional affiliations.
Customize Your Expert Gallery Profile
- Click on the About tab
- Hover your cursor above a section to reveal icons for adding, editing, or removing information
- Enter information as you would like it displayed – no coding skills required
- Under Position, click boxes to identify Current Position and Affiliate My Profile with this Institution.
- While all sections appear to you while logged into your account, only the completed sections will display publicly.
Add or Edit Links or Metadata for Publications
- Click on the Works tab
- Click Add Works
- Select Add a Link for works available on the Web
- Select Add Metadata to cite a work that cannot be made open access
- Select Harvest Works for a list of things attributed to your name that you may be able to add a link and/or metadata for automatically (recommended to do this after you’ve investigated copyright for all of your works).
- Use Manage Categories to adjust appearance and order and add a description.
- You must choose at least one Display Category per work.
- They are indexed within Google and other major search engines along with the profile and works, so creating discipline-specific categories can increase discoverability.
- Revise Works by clicking on the Edit icon; remove them by clicking on the red Trash icon.
Please contact Sarah Frankel, Open Access & Repository Coordinator for UofL Libraries, at thinkIR@louisville.edu.