Skip to Main Content
The University of Louisville pursues excellence and inclusiveness in its work to educate and serve its community through:
- teaching diverse undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in order to develop engaged citizens, leaders, and scholars;
- practicing and applying research, scholarship and creative activity; and
- providing engaged service and outreach that improve the quality of life for local and global communities.
The University is committed to achieving preeminence as a nationally recognized anti-racist metropolitan research university.
University Libraries Strategic Plan Goals (2021)
- Student Success and Retention
- The Libraries will be a key institutional partner in initiatives related to student success and retention.
- The Libraries will update and maintain welcoming, inclusive spaces while promoting a healthy and safe learning and working environment.
- Research/Teaching Support
- Champion sustainable scholarship.
- Develop students who are knowledgeable, informed learners/researchers.
- Propel the University’s research and teaching agenda.
- Recruitment / Professional Development / Training
- The Libraries will recruit a diverse, passionate, and capable workforce.
- The Libraries will invest in active professional development programming and enable opportunities for meaningful participation.
- The Libraries will recognize and retain a diverse, passionate, and capable workforce.
- Employee Engagement
- The Libraries will foster equitable opportunities for constructive employee input.
- The Libraries will embrace a culture of transparent internal communication.
- The Libraries pursue external funding through relationship building, communication, and outreach.
- The Libraries will develop and sustain relationships with the off-campus community.
- The Libraries pursue internal funding through relationship building, communication, and outreach.
- The Libraries will develop and sustain relationships with the campus community.