Skip to Main Content
In support of classroom instruction, Kornhauser Health Sciences Library offers Course Reserve Services to the faculty of the University of Louisville.
- Materials for required course reading or viewing can be placed on reserve using the Course Reserve Form or by delivering the items in person to the library's Circulation Desk.
- Requests must be received at least three (3) working days prior to the date material is needed to ensure that the material will be ready.
- All faculty will be required to verify that they are submitting their reserves in good faith by initialing the copyright compliance box. The library reserves the right to refuse any course reserve request if it conflicts with the staff’s interpretation of copyright law.
- For general copyright information, go to Copyright Guidelines & Resources at UofL
Items that can be placed on Course Reserve include:
- Any books owned by the U of L libraries, unless the item is already on reserve in another library.
- Instructor's Personal Copies
- Other personal items such as Syllabi, Lecture notes, Exams.
- DVD or CD-Roms
Fair Use Checklist
For your convenience, a checklist has also been appended that will help you determine whether or not your selection is likely allowable under copyright law.
Copyright Law of the United States
Before requesting materials for reserve, please read the Fair Use Law and Fair Use Explanation published by the United States Copyright Office linked below.