Skip to Main Content
Building Hours & UofL ID Requirements
Access to the building is generally restricted to the UofL Cardinal community. A UofL ID card is required to enter the building. If you are not affiliated with UofL or are a Metroversity student, please call the library at (502) 852-5771 to arrange guest access or visit the security desk at the library. Guest/Visitors to the library must check in with the Public Access Staff at the security desk.
In an effort to improve security measures within the Kornhauser Library, we have implemented a new card reader system for our faculty and students. The card reader (located on the main security desk to your immediate left as you enter the library space) will need to be scanned with your UofL ID card before you enter into Kornhauser Library. Once you scan your card, you will see either a green light, meaning you’re good to go on in or a red light, meaning you’ll need to stay by and let staff assist you with access. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We ask for your patience as we work together to improve library access and security.
The following physical changes have been made to the library:
- A UofL ID scanner has been installed where students, faculty, and staff will need to scan their ID to gain entrance. The Kornhauser team members are available at the security desk to assist patrons who have difficulty scanning their ID.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at our service desks and at all public computer stations
- A study room reservation system has been installed for patrons to book study rooms.
- New smart TVs have been installed in study rooms that provide for wirelessly streaming content from your Microsoft-based Windows laptop using Bluetooth.
- Apple TVs have been installed in certain study rooms to wirelessly stream content from your Apple laptop or device (iPhone, iPad)
For our patron's, staff, faculty, and guest safety the following policies and procedures have been implemented:
- Masks are not required but are highly encouraged, especially if you are experiencing symptoms of illness. More information can be found on the University's Communications and Updates page.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed on service desks and between computer stations.
- Please call the library at (502) 852-5771 or visit the security desk in the library to arrange access.
- Metroversity students will need to bring their school-issued ID with them.
- Access to the library for Non-UofL affiliated researchers is available.
- Please call the library at (502) 852-5771 to arrange access.
- Please call the library at (502) 852-5771 to arrange access or visit the circulation desk to check-in.