Where can I apply?
You can apply at: https://highereddecisions.com/uofl/current_vacancies.asp
Please attach the following:
- Letter of interest detailing your familiarity, aptitude, and/or experience with the required and desired qualifications
- Three references with name, address, phone number and e-mail address for each
What are the required qualifications?
- Recent graduate (with less than three years professional experience) from an ALA-accredited Master's degree program
- Interest in a career in academic librarianship
- Enthusiasm for teaching and knowledge of instructional approaches
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and advocacy for historically underrepresented groups
- Good critical thinking skills
- Ability to commit to goals and achieve established outcomes
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment as well as the ability to work independently
- Knowledge of reference services and sources
- Knowledge of technology and its applications to libraries
- Commitment to professional achievement and growth
Do you have any preferred qualifications?
- Teaching experience and/or experience working with students in an educational setting
- Experience with EndNote or other citation management programs
What is the hiring timeline?
This is a rough estimate of our process:
- January - February: Call for Applications
- February - April: Reviewing Applications
- April: Phone Interviews
- May: In-Person Interviews