top of page
Skip to main content
- What strategies can we use to evaluate the credibility of sources?
- How are library databases different from free search engines such as Google?
- How can we use library databases to explore the "conversation" around a particular research topic or question?
Sample Research Question: What are the public health implications of "vaping?"
Look through each of the three articles above, then answer the following questions:
- What seems to be the main purpose of each article?
- What can you find out about the authors of the articles? Do they seem credible? Why or why not?
- What can you find about the website or journal that published each article? Are they credible?
- How is EBSCO Academic different from Google? What tools are available to narrow your search?
- What types of sources are available in EBSCO Academic?
- How do you obtain the full text of an article in EBSCO Academic?
Library Instruction Survey
Very brief survey gives you the opportunity to provide feedback on your in-class library session. Only 7 questions!
Head, Research Assistance and Instruction