top of page
Skip to Main Content
Welcome to Ekstrom Library! Before we get started, please fill out this short Welcome form:
Understanding Scholarly Sources
- Identify at least three aspects of the article that indicate it is a "scholarly" source. Be prepared to explain your reasoning.
- Read the full description linked above for the Journal of Behavioral Education. Does it seem like a credible publication? Why or why not?
- Who is the audience for this type of article? How is the audience different for a newspaper, magazine article, etc.?
Developing a Search Strategy
Search Strategy Questions
- Add a question related to your own research project. Open-ended questions are often preferable
- Add a list of 5 or 6 keywords that you might use to search a database. Consider related words, as well as broader and narrower terms.
- Add a list of 2 or 3 academic subjects that might have an interest in your question. Find subject areas here.