Skip to main content
Library Session Activities
Use the following linked article to respond to the questions below.
- Who is the intended audience for the article? Who was it written for?
- What kind of evidence or data is presented in the article? Does it seem reliable? Why or why not?
- What do we know about the authors of the article? What kind of expertise do they have? Where do they work?
- Look at the website for Clinical Pediatrics, the journal that published this article. Would you say this is a credible journal? Provide evidence from the website to support your view.
- What other questions might be important to ask in evaluating this source? Look at our evaluation guide for a list of potential questions.
- Use EBSCO Academic or another library database to find two relevant articles for your own research.
- Do the articles you found in the database differ from those you might find in a typical Google search? How is searching a library database different from searching Google?
- Begin the process of evaluating your articles according to your class assignment. Look at our evaluation guide for help with this process.
Discover. Create. Succeed.