Skip to main content
Read the introductory summary/abstract of the article and look over the rest briefly. Respond to the following questions.
- What seems to be the main purpose of the article? Who seems to be the intended audience?
- How can you tell that this is an academic article? List at least three specific features.
- Why do you think the article has headings such as Introduction, Interview Methods, and Findings? How might the headings and structure of the article be useful to the reader?
- Read about the aims and scope of the journal Culture, Health, & Sexuality. Read about author Paul Willis. Does the journal seem credible? Why or why not?
- How does this article differ from those you might find in a typical Google search? How does it compare to articles you might find through Google Scholar?
Discover. Create. Succeed.